Friday, July 17, 2020

Do you care about your social media image?

I suppose I should, but I really don't. I gotta be me, people. If my future boss doesn't like me, I don't want to work for him/her anyway. So, I post what I think. I like what I like. I tweet what I think and I'm not always politically correct.

I'm a vegan, atheist, tree hugging, aging hippie. That's who I am online and it's who I am in real life.

Sometimes I laugh. Sometimes I cry. Sometimes I'm a real so and so. In other words, I'm a genuine person. I cut to the chase. I tell it like it is. When my Lupus hurts like holy hell, I say so. When I cut myself, I bleed all over the darn place.

I think it's silly to present yourself as anything other than what you are. After all, they're going to find out anyway. And guess what? When they do, you're out of there. Why? They hired someone you're not. Now they know you're nothing but a big fat liar.

So, be yourself online people. It'll attract the kind of employers, followers and friends who like you, not some phony image you've cooked up for yourself. Sure, it'll take some time for you to get hired, but at least you won't get fired for misrepresentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment