Friday, July 25, 2014

About online writing simplified

Have you ever gone online to learn how to improve your writing? Ya, me neither. What a waste of time. Just kidding. There's a ton of great advice out there. Not taking advantage of it would be foolish. Too bad the average person can't understand most of it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against higher learning. I just have no use for complex, technological terms. I'm clever as crap, you guys. I'm just not a techie. I don't even want to be. In fact, most people are not techies. Heck, a large majority of writers are not techies.

Funny thing, they're much more into writing.

Surprise!

Some people who write online have no desire to get involved in technology, unless they have to.

They're too busy writing.

I'm one of those people.

I write for those people.

I write for ordinary people who could care less about technical terms and those god-awful 4 syllable “means the same as the little words” words people seem to think are necessary to prove you can turn a phrase, capture your reader's attention or make yourself seem like you know what you're doing.

Mark Twain is my hero.

He was who he was. He didn't put on airs. He wrote like he spoke. You didn't need a dictionary by your side to read his works. Plus, he told it like it really was.

That's exactly what I want to do in this blog.

Online Writing Simplified is for people who want great advice about writing online, minus the fancy language. And when there is techie crap involved, I promise you will understand it. It's for people whose main purpose in life is not only to write, but to write so others know exactly what they're trying to say. No translation required.

Are you one of those people? If so, hop in, let's go for a ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment