Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Making writing dollars from closed sites

Those old articles are writing gold!

In the past, I've written for some very popular venues that made me a lot of money. It really was scary when each of them closed. At first all I could think about was how much monthly page view money I was going to lose. But then, some other things occurred to me.

I was now free to publish those old, released articles wherever I wanted and keep making money. How awesome is that?

Further more, I could take a lot of my old, less worthy articles and turn them into writing gold. Because now I have more experience. I can write better articles now. Or, in this case, turn a bad article into something better.

And all those silly, embarrassing blog posts? Well, some of them were actually quite good, of course. But even if they're not, it's OK. Because the ideas were great, or at least fairly decent. With a little tweaking, they have a great deal of potential. So, even if I don't use one word of those old blogs, I can use the ideas to generate new money.

Plus, here's something else on the same line of thinking. Do you know how hard it is to come up with those article ideas? Sometimes it's the hardest thing about writing for a living. There's so much information out there. It's really difficult to be original. Well, guess what? I now have hundreds, possibly thousands of article ideas to draw on, just sitting there in my queue, waiting to be rewritten.

So, now, when a website I write for shuts down, I don't grieve for long. Instead, I make a profit from it. You can do the same. As long as the website you wrote for is OK with it, those articles are fair rewriting game. It's perfectly legal. They're yours now. So, why not use them to your advantage?


No comments:

Post a Comment