Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Writing is more fun when....

Woo Hoo! Writing is fun again! (public domain photo)
You guys, let's take a break from those tip articles for a moment shall we? Today, I wanted to get more personal with the blog. You see, a couple days ago, I made a huge change in the way I write that has helped me tremendously. Yes, already, after only two days. So here it is.

A couple days ago I started not writing for profit. I know that sounds like crazy talk, so let me explain. For the last year or so, I have been very conflicted. Our fixer upper house is not being fixed up because I spend my whole day writing to make a buck instead.

It occurred to me that I could make more money by increasing our home equity than I could writing. So, I decided to make the house my main priority and just write when I had time, on breaks or wasn't feeling well enough to do physical work (like today).

The great thing is though, that (obviously pretty quickly) I discovered a non-monetary benefit to this strategy. Writing is loads more fun when you don't have to write to make a living. Not only that, ever since I started writing just for fun, I've actually made more money writing.

Isn't that something? In fact, on one site, my daily PV pay doubled. Yup, you heard me. It doubled. Now, I don't know if that's because my writing reflected my mood or people were just checking to see why I hadn't written so much or something else altogether.

Are you sick of having to write every day? Well then, maybe you should make something else your priority too. It really makes a difference in my enthusiasm, my attitude and even my pay scale, for whatever reason. Maybe it could help you too.


No comments:

Post a Comment